HOMEABOUTCONTACTTWITTERTUMBLR

3/27/12

Bumble Bee Confidence

Most days, I am the annoying optimistic and positive girl next door. I like to think there's always a silver lining at the end despite all bitterness and negativity. BUT, I do too have days (many many days) of struggling with the negativity of the world. Especially when it comes to my field of work and school. The hardest part always seems to be STARTING something. It's that first step that takes you forever to get to. Speaking for myself. I go through this almost all the time and I've always been trying to fight against it. Some say it's just laziness or the lack of priority. But personally, it's about the fear of failure.

Every time I try to start on a new project (when I finally do anyway) I'm so overwhelmed by the thoughts of not being good enough. What if I do this and it turns out to be crap? What if no one likes it? and sometimes I end up giving a half assed job cause that thought of doing my best and yet still failing really, really, really kills me inside....and sometimes I don't even know if I can ever be a good artist and designer.

I know it's all only in my head. And sometimes after talking to a good friend I do realize that it's true when they tell me it's fine because you've tried your best and you cannot make everyone happy, what's most important if that you are true to yourself and that you're happy.

I guess I just need to constantly remind myself of that as I get a step closer to being more assured of my status as a designer or anything that I do. After all, when asked what I want to be when I grow up? I want to be happy would always be the first answer at the back of my head. But I don't answer with that all the time, some might think I'm a tad delusional and unrealistic. Doesn't really matter, as long as it's a peaceful and happy life.

"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes flying anyway." - Mary Kay Ash

Ending this with another fave quote!

(image taken from www.nubbytwiglet.com) (also one of my fave to go blogs :)

No comments: